Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In St. Louis

Well, Praise the Lord I made it to St. Louis without any problems. The Lord kept me awake & alert & safe both days of driving. He gets the glory.
I was able to stop & worship last Sunday at my church in Texas. It was great to see people that I had not been able to see during Christmas.
Then, since Wednesday I've been involved in a Mission's Conference at my aunt & uncle's church. It was my first conference and it went well. I was very blessed and encouraged in my time there. They had me paired with a Sunday school group. We got together for supper on Thursday, bowling on Saturday, then I was with them for Sunday School on Sunday, so it was a blessing to be able to get to know that group. It was so exciting to see their passion for the Lord & for serving Him, be it here in St.Louis, or overseas if that's what the Lord has. Another highlight was being able to get to know some of the other missionaries that were at the conference & to hear what God's doing in their part of the world. Overall, it a great time of encouragement.

And, the Lord answered another prayer, also: SNOW!!!

I had wanted some snow since we didn't really get any in Mexico this Christmas. And, the weather has already warmed up beyond snowing possibilities. Well, the Lord sent snow starting yesterday afternoon. It is beautiful, but slippery, b/c there was sleet mixed in. So, thinks are slick. So, I'm up here freezing in the teen temperatures, but enjoying the beauty of God's handiwork.

No comments: