Friday, August 07, 2009

Panama

I find myself amazed at how fast time flies. It is now August and time for me to leave Panama and head back to Mexico! I praise the Lord for the many opportunities I have had to share what God has been teaching me and where He is taking me.

I have been able to reconnect with many friends from my childhood and friends from the church. I have met many new people who have been praying for me. I have been encouraged by the Lord through my fellow believers here in Panama.

I've also had some time to do a few fun things, like visit Old Panama - the original site of Panama City in the 1500's and 1600's. Pirate Henry Morgan sacked and burned the city in 167? and it was reconstructed farther west. We climbed to the top of the ruins of this cathedral. They've done a lot of restoration and preservation work. Stairs to the lookout is a new thing, so this was a first time experience for me!
I praise Him and thank Him for the time I have been able to be here again.

No comments: