Tuesday, May 27, 2008

changes...

Hello my friends, family, and faithful supporters,

Thank you for your love, your prayer, and your support. You have been an encouragement to me these last months. Thank you. The main thing that has been on my heart this year is a partner. I’ve been praying for the Lord to bring the right person along, and I know many of you have as well. Thank you for praying with me.

So far, it hasn’t happened yet, and since I need a partner to be able to work & live in a remote tribal area, the leadership here in Mexico, my family, myself, and my churches have prayed, sought the Lord and have considered other options. At this point, we feel it would be best to relocate to a place where there are more opportunities to meet people who would be open to partnership – specifically NTM’s training center, where all the new single missionaries are finishing up training & looking to the Lord as to where they should serve.

It is not yet finalized, the people at the training center are talking out logistics, etc, and they’ll get back to me in the near future. I’ll let you know what they decide!! But, would you please pray for the Lord’s will to be done in this matter. Please pray for me in this new transition, as I leave Mexico behind to go find a partner. And please pray for a partner or partners. I believe the Lord has some great things in store in this next year, and I’m excited to see what this next year will bring.

Praise Update:
This past month, three new Tarahumara believers were added to the Church!! Toribio, Candelario, & Matara! Praise the Lord!! Others are interested in learning about God from the testimony of other believers. After long years of seemingless fruitless ministry, the Lord is working to build His Church!!
Here's Toribio - You can see the joy and peace on his face. The weight of sin is gone!

Candelario & Matara - I love the joy that just bubbles up out of them! You can SEE it!!

May the Lord bless you & keep you,
Rachel

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Changes, we sometimes don't understand. But God knows where he will take you and who he has for you RAch. I am praying for you during transition time. Let me know if I can do for you.

Unknown said...

Rachel, te felicito por tu honestidad y la visión tan práctica de tu ministerio. Ah, y además tienes un excelente blog,
A El sea la gloria...
Dios te Bendiga