Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's getting a little crazy in here!!!!

So crazy, they're going cross-eyed!!
Those 2-year old teachers are as crazy as the kids!
We've got a room full of wild characters... a lion, a tiger, a bear, oh my! And a dragon! Is that Miss Christine? She succumbed to 2-year old peer pressure and put on the dragon suit. Wanting to fit in, I tried to get into the duck, but got stuck! Haha! (The duck suit is smaller, I'm sure, than the dragon suit. I'll have to try that one!)
How would you go about teaching the letter "U"? We paraded around the room under an umbrella!!
That's about all the crazy this post can handle. How about some semblance of order & normalcy?
Ah, tranquility. Nice, quiet sticker work.
Getting ready to play musical chairs. Up until a few weeks ago, we played "nice" musical chairs. Everyone always won. We never removed chairs, everyone always got a chair when the music stopped. Now, we've moved it up a notch. We remove a chair each round, muahaha. Each round, whoever doesn't get a chair has to go sit down at their place at the table. We have to congratulate them & high five the ones who DON'T get chairs or else it's a bucket of tears we have to wipe up each time! It's good for them - teaches them that we don't always get what we want, that we have to share/take turns, etc. Good life lessons at a young age! And, it is entertaining for us teachers!
I guess I'm still a kid at heart. The simple things thrill me. I love to swing. I took this opportunity to swing doubles with this kiddo after he fell off the swing. So, as we swung we talked about ALWAYS holding on to the swing with BOTH hands or else you fall & get an owie! Consequences of unwise actions. Another good lesson for a 2 year old!
Sliding is so much fun!!
The sand box is a daily activity - monitored a few at a time. I think we'd have a mutiny on our hands if we skipped sand for just one day!
Thomas the Train is another special toy that comes out randomly with other vehicles - trains, tractors, trucks, police cars. It's another one of those "sharing" lessons that we love to help them with!
So, you can see, we stay quite busy, and at times I don't know if we're quite ourselves! But, we have tons of fun!!!
Thank you for praying for us, I know the Lord has given us creativity & patience with these kids. They truly are a joy!

No comments: