Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potential Partner

The big new development is actually an answer to prayer. You have been praying with me for some time now for a partner to be able to work in a tribe in Mexico or elsewhere if the Lord so led. There is a girl in the area who has just recently decided to go to Mexico to work in a tribe there. She is a teacher and is joining a team of 2 families to homeschool their kids so the moms will be free to study the language and culture of the people group. We met in December and talked about the possibility of partnering if she decided to head to Mexico. Now that she has decided to work in Mexico, we’ve talked to some of the leadership in Mexico, to both families on the church-planting team, and at this point, we are getting to know each other and talking about working together.

Her name is Katie Moore. She grew up in Venezuela and returned there as a teacher to teach the kids of some of the missionaries. However, several of the families left and she was no longer needed to teach. So, now she’s headed to Mexico.

Would you pray with us as we get to know each other in these next few months and talk through a lot of things. Would you pray for wisdom for us and that we would clearly see God’s hand working in leading us and guiding us. Also pray that everyone would be in unity in this decision of partnership.

I covet your prayers as the Lord lays us on your hearts. I feel kinda overwhelmed, as this has come together in the last few weeks rather quickly and in a way I wasn’t expecting. I was thinking I’d get to know someone before deciding to be partners. However, God has brought us together and we’re doing it backwards – talking about partnering, then getting to know one another.

Thank you all for your faithfulness to pray for me. It is a real battle out there, and our greatest weapon is prayer. Thank you to those who pray on my behalf.
Thank you also to those who give financially so that I can be involved in this ministry. I really appreciate your sacrifice, especially as we are falling on harder economic times. Thank you.
Thank you also to those of you who have encouraged me through phone calls, email, lunch dates. You’ve lifted up my spirits & let me know that people care. Thanks.

No comments: