Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Last of the Leaves

There is a state park just a few miles away from the campus here in Missouri. I like to go & hike around a bit. Sometimes I take others with me to enjoy the outdoors. Here's what it looked like a few weeks ago.
This trip I went with two students - Julie & Lisa. One of the things that I really enjoy about being here is the opportunity to interact with the students one-on-one or a few at a time. Many times I get to share my experiences in Mexico, how God led me there, how He led me back, what God is teaching me now... I live in an apartment on campus right in the middle of all the student apartments, so I get to visit with students all the time. That's one of the things that I enjoy most about being here.
I went back to the state park last week, and this is what it looks like now:

Very barren, but still beautiful in its own way.

No comments: