Friday, March 27, 2009

A special day

This past week was my birthday, I'm now a whole 28 years old!! Woohoo! Some friends had told me to save Tuesday night so they could take out for my birthday. I thought I would slip through with a quiet birthday, celebrating over supper with a few friends. However, I was in for a few surprises.
It all started Sunday night at prayer meeting. Afterwards, we usually have some fellowship time, which usually involves food, before everyone heads home. Someone had told that it was my birthday coming up, so they had a cake for me & for little Emerson, whose birthday was Monday.I was one of the first ones to leave the meeting because I had been invited to watch a movie with a long-time friend from Panama that night. Emerson's family had called me that afternoon to ask for a ride to church, so I had to leave early to be able to take them home & then get home in time to start the movie not too late. I finally got home, changed from my church clothes into comfortable lounge clothes, scarfed a bowl of cereal, and ran up to my friends' house. She greeted me at the door, and as I stepped into the house, I realized I was walking into my own birthday party! It's the first surprise party I've had that I was surprised at! :) Thanks guys, you're awesome!
They'd written to my Mom in PNG to find out what my favorite cake was. My mom sent 2 cakes that I like - super moist chocolate cake & cheesecake. My friend made both of them! My Mom & Dad had a bouquet of flowers there waiting for me.
Thanks, guys, you made me feel so special.
My ministry team & my friends from Panama planned the party. I found out afterwards, that as soon as I left the prayer meeting, they jumped in their cars to rush back to campus to make sure they got to the party house before I did. :) They made it!

Then, Tuesday morning, I showed up at work to find my co-teachers decorating the room with balloons & streamers. I went to get snack ready, and there was a tray of cupcakes ready for celebrating! One of the little girls also has a March b-day, so we celebrated together.
Do you think they enjoyed the cupcakes?

I know they did! They loved the birthday party, and so did I.

Thanks, Edna & Christine, for making my day special!

I'm so thankful for the people that God used to remind me that I'm loved and cherished. Thank you all!

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Looks like you were well celebrated and you should be - always doing for others so it was time for a little Rachel pampering. That chocolate cake looked fabulous.